Sunday, January 25, 2015

Beautiful Day. So I kept on running...

What started out as an 18 mile training day turned into a 20 Miler Training. 
The temperature was in the 20's-30's and sunny. 
Beautiful day! So I kept running.
When I was out walking the dogs in the morning on Prior Lake, 
I noticed someone running on the lake. 
So I decided to finish my last miles of my long run on the lake. 
What an extra workout after running 17.5 miles on chunky sidewalks and slippery paths. 
So I sat on the beach and took in a few rays of sunshine. 
Very relaxing!



















Found one of my former Hidden Valley students enjoying a run at Sunset Pond. Stopped and took our picture!
Her cheery smile every lap around the pond made the long run so enjoyable.
I looked forward to all 6 laps.
We cheered each other on and slapped hands every time we passed by.

When I got home, my daughters dog, Reagan, gave me a big smooch!
She likes licking the salt off my face.



The countdown continues.
I can hardly wait! 
One more long run to go. 
I usually try to get in 22 miles before any marathon race. 
Hope the weather cooperates.
I've been lucky to catch some warmer weekends.

No comments:

Post a Comment